AIFS Forum

Das Forum rund um alle Programme von AIFS

Interviews - How Exciting !!!!!!!!!

Für Camp America Teilnehmer und diejenigen, die es noch werden wollen!

Beitrag von Gast » 05 Nov 2005 02:28

Jenn, the question was how long after your interview do you find out if you've been accepted or not on to the program? Not offered a position at a camp. I'm wondering how come it will take 2 - 3 weeks to find out whether or not you've been accepted instead of perhaps 2 - 3 days?

Just out of interest - what would be an example of a person that is not accepted? Every website and brochure that you read from any of the organisations like camp america, ccusa etc. read "Aussies are in high demand" and "camp directors will walk over hot coals to hire aussies", so if they're that desperate, how come camp america needs to leave people in the dark for 2 - 3 weeks after their interview wondering whether or not they can get excited yet coz they're going to work at a camp?

Beitrag von Jenn - Interviewer » 05 Nov 2005 07:02

Heya,

Applicants are hired by the Camp Director's themselves. The application process can take anywhere from 3-4 weeks (Applying, Arrangin the Interview, up loading Photos, Certificates and some final questions) before the Camp Director's can even look at the Applicant.

Because Camp Directors hire the actual applicants it could take anywhere from 6 weeks to a few months (there is really no guarantee when an applicant will find out if/when they will be accepted or not). Some camps will start hiring just before Christmas but others will not start hiring untill Jan. They do hire people right up until normally the end of April. (Depending when the camp starts).

Another thing to remember is that there are thousands of different camps and different Camp's do need to hire different people with different qualifications etc. (some camp's are waterfront based, others are sports orientated, there are camps especially for Drama, Music and a wide variety of others)

Hope this makes sense,

Jenn.

Beitrag von bekahh » 05 Nov 2005 07:22

So if we are accepted into the program, it doesnt mean we'll definitely be hired?

Beitrag von Gast » 05 Nov 2005 13:50

Well that's interesting. I wonder why anyone would go through Camp America if "there is really no guarantee when an applicant will find out if/when they will be accepted or not", if this is truly the case. If you take a visit to the ccusa website, they offer GUARANTEED placement at one of your choices of summer camp types if you apply and are accepted in to their program by mid march.

Beitrag von Gast » 05 Nov 2005 14:01

Well that's interesting. I wonder why anyone would go through Camp America if "there is really no guarantee when an applicant will find out if/when they will be accepted or not", if this is truly the case. If you take a visit to the ccusa website, they offer GUARANTEED placement at one of your choices of summer camp types if you apply and are accepted in to their program by mid march.

YEAH RIGHT

Beitrag von Abby » 07 Nov 2005 04:45

Heya,

just a point of interest. I applied with CCUSA this year (2005) and never got placed. It was lucky for me that I then applied with Camp America and ended up at really nice camp in New Jersey..

Not sure why they are guaranteeing things!

Abby

Placement and acceptance

Beitrag von mandy - Melb office » 07 Nov 2005 06:07

Hey Everyone,

Ok - let's clear up a couple of things. Normally, most people will know quite quickly if they are going to camp as we place applicants but also 'guarantee place' applicants with strong skills who we think will be successful. If you receive a Guarantee Place or GP then you are definitely going to camp.

Some agencies may say they place all accepted applications but this is not the same as all people who apply. Depending on the year we place 95-98% of all people who apply to our programme.

Your application is not fully submitted to the US until we have received your complete online application, photos, references and certificates. When we have everything it it transmitted to our US office for placemnt. Many people will know within 2-3 weeks of this step if they have been successful.

As some of you know we have a brand new online computer system and this should also speed up the process - having said that the first upload of the year (due to IT circumstances) will be November 20. Information will then be sent to current applicants quite quickly.

Yes, camps do scream out for Aussies but at the same time we do not place everyone - almost everyone. We must ensure quality control on all of our applicants and make sure we are sending over people that have been thoroghly screened.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Mandy

Beitrag von emmy_lou » 07 Nov 2005 09:53

Hey Mandy, thanks for the clear up. um... jus another question, the people who have already put in their applications will have them sent over to the America office by 20 November? And then our applications are sent to all the camp directors then they start hiring Dec - April 2006? Well thanks a lot for your help!!! :D
Bild

Nov 20

Beitrag von Mandy - Melb office » 08 Nov 2005 00:39

Hiya,

Yes, everyone that has been interviewed and fully completed their application will be uploaded on November 20. Placements will start from November 21 until the end of May.

Cheers,
Mandy

Beitrag von bekahh » 09 Nov 2005 04:37

So just say you get hired at the end of May, would you find out any dates before that? because if camp is in June, that doesnt really give you much time to organise flights and stuff.

Beitrag von FreSh_fiSh » 09 Nov 2005 06:34

@Mandy, I went to a camp in NY last year but want to return to a different camp in PA next year. The program director from my last camp is the new camp director for this camp in PA. Can i go through camp america to do this or not?
Thanks heaps
Matt
Love, Peace, and Boost Juice forever
Australian Meat, God Bless

Beitrag von keira » 09 Nov 2005 09:13

Hey Matt,

What camp did you go to last year???
What was it like??
Why write something clever when you can write something random !!!!!

Beitrag von FreSh_fiSh » 10 Nov 2005 02:18

Hey Keira, I went to a camp in Cleveland, NY called Vanderkamp, it was a christian camp and it was really good, but it was a very small camp and for a while i was the only male counsellor so that was pretty full on. As much as i loved it there i have an offer somewhere else and there's at least going to be another 12 male counsellors so there's no chance of me going on a solo mission again. Are you headed off to camp next year?
Matt

Beitrag von keira » 10 Nov 2005 08:51

Heya Matt,
Ive applied and had my interview, so fingers are crossed, i wanted to go this year, but i wasn't older enough.

Hope i can go next year
Why write something clever when you can write something random !!!!!

Beitrag von FreSh_fiSh » 10 Nov 2005 12:57

you'll be right, get accepted no worries :D

interview

Beitrag von Mandy - Melb office » 10 Sep 2007 06:28

up to the top of the list

Vorherige

Zurück zu Camp America