AIFS Forum

Das Forum rund um alle Programme von AIFS

Anyone from Adelaide??

Für Camp America Teilnehmer und diejenigen, die es noch werden wollen!

Anyone from Adelaide??

Beitrag von adelaide-girl » 19 Dez 2006 05:42

Hi just wondering if there is anyone leaving from Adeladie. I start camp on the 10th June, very excited but at the same time a bit scared, it will be my first time overseas :roll:

Beitrag von Kyle » 11 Feb 2007 08:44

Hey, im from adelaide too!! kudo's to us!! its gunna be my first time overseas too, so its a bit daunting, but i know it will be awesomely good fun!!! do you know wat camp you are on? any plans for after?
Kyle

Beitrag von adelaide-girl » 12 Feb 2007 09:04

hey cool, someone else from adelaide. Im going to Timber Lake Camp in New York. Do you know where abouts you will be going and when? Where abouts in Adelaide do you live?

Beitrag von Kyle » 12 Feb 2007 09:52

Hey,
Yeah im working on the Florida Lions Camp, in Florida (as the name kinda suggests) my start date in june 3rd.
I live in Paradise, wat bout u?

Beitrag von adelaide-girl » 19 Feb 2007 07:35

hey sounds like it should be a fun camp. I live in Richmond. So have you organised your visa appointment yet? We have to go to melbourne.

Beitrag von Kyle » 19 Feb 2007 10:49

Hey, nah I havent got my date yet, still waiting on my papers to come through, was kinda late paying me fees......
sucks a bit bout the whole having to go to melbourne thing thoe

Beitrag von Cait » 25 Apr 2007 10:03

Haha... so I no you guys started this forum like AGES ago!

But I only decided I wanted to go to Camp America in like Feb, so I'm a bit behind with all these things....

But, my camp is in Maine, which is the state just above New York. I haven't booked my flights yet, but ive been in contact with the other Aussie girls going to my camp, and at this stage i think ill be flyin outta melbourne on the 7th of June n stayin in New York for 5 nights...

Have either of you booked flights? And if so, when are you leaving, and where are you off to?

Cait.
XOX

Beitrag von jessica-melon » 24 Mai 2007 12:51

hey adelaide guys...

just wondering how long it took use to get you passport & visa after your melbourne interview?

my interview is on june 5... im supose to leave to go to the usa june 10 and be at camp june 11 for my camp to start june 15.

i really dont think i will have my visa by the end of that week [friday june 8] and if i dont i wont get it until atleast tuesday if not later [monday being a public holiday]

i went to book my flights tonight but im not sure when i should leave. should i stick with the sunday flight [and hope that i will have my visa etc by then] or should i book a flight to leave on the wednesday?

i can always change the flights if needed... but i have to pay $270 :?

hope someone can help

Beitrag von carloandreacchio » 24 Mai 2007 13:38

Well... i had the interview today (im sure there are a few of you on here atm who were there aswell). the interview itself went for like 20seconds. its basically all predecided... the long part is waiting to go in. just allow like 2 hours or something (yes i was the guy who had booked a flight without allowing like an hour for it.... oh and i am also the guy who hasnt booked his flight yet :P, add me on msn.... carlorules@hotmail.com)

oh i re red your question... yeh i dont know. maybe a week?...

Beitrag von Nath » 25 Mai 2007 00:09

Hey Jess,

Congrats on your placement. I received my passport 5 working days after my interview but that was was back in April so there was no real rush then. I am sure that when they realise your are flying out on the Sunday both the consulate and CA will make sure you have your Passport/Visa on time (by Friday). You would have included an express post envelope in your Visa package. Using express post you should receive any mail the following day after it is sent from Melb.

This is my opinion but perhaps you should talk to the CA team in Melbourne just to confirm it before booking flights....

Good Luck

NS

Beitrag von giggle_pot » 29 Mai 2007 03:00

how do you get from the airport to the consulate... can anyone help me?? My friend said to take the shuttle bus but which one.. and where is the embassy in melbourne, i don't really want to be paying for cab fares

Beitrag von Nath » 29 Mai 2007 04:23

Hey...

my advice is get a return ticket on the shuttle bus from the airport... its about $20 bucks. This takes you to Spencer Street bus station. Depending how much time you have you may want to to have a look around the city. The trams in Melbourne are great... you can go anywhere and they are dirt cheap.

I think there is a tram that goes direct from Spencer Street down St Kilda Rd. However I got on a city loop tram just ouside the bus station and got off @ Federation Square. I then got another tram down St Kilda beach rd. The Consulate is no. 553 St Kilda beach rd. Just keep your eyes peeled and watch the numbers so you know when to get off.

My advice is to go to the infomation booth at the bus station and get a map and ask them which tram to take because I forget the number. If you get to federation square there is another big info centre... tell them you want to go to the US consulate and they will tell you which trams you can jump on (there are quite a few that go out St kilda rd). They are really helpful.

That is how i did it...

It suxs how we have to go all the way to melb to get our Visa.. but at least you will save some cash this way.

oh another tip.. the little cafe next to the consulate make an awesome banana smoothie.

Beitrag von Cait » 29 Mai 2007 07:25

Ok, you can catch a tram to the US embassy from anywhere down Swanson street. I got told ya can catch any tram except the 1, 8, 72, and 22. Check with the driver before you get on the tram though just to make sure it goes where you want. The tram i caught was a nuumber 16. When your going down St Kilda road, get off at stop 26. When your heading out of the city, its on the left hand side of the road. From stop 26, you have to walik back towards the city a bit, but out the front of the embassy theres like 2 statue things, they're quite queer.

But yeah, if ya need any help, just ask people, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help!

Good luck.
Cait.
XOX

Beitrag von Margeaux88 » 04 Jun 2007 12:53

jessica-melon hat geschrieben:hey adelaide guys...

just wondering how long it took use to get you passport & visa after your melbourne interview?

my interview is on june 5... im supose to leave to go to the usa june 10 and be at camp june 11 for my camp to start june 15.

i really dont think i will have my visa by the end of that week [friday june 8] and if i dont i wont get it until atleast tuesday if not later [monday being a public holiday]

i went to book my flights tonight but im not sure when i should leave. should i stick with the sunday flight [and hope that i will have my visa etc by then] or should i book a flight to leave on the wednesday?

i can always change the flights if needed... but i have to pay $270 :?

hope someone can help

hey mate!
I have my interview tomorrow too!!
wot time is urs? mine's @ 1:30 but I'm getting there like 12 cause I hella don't wanna be waiting an extra 2 hrs afta that oi!
do we have to take anything else to the interview..like our contract of employment...or is what they got from us through camp america enough?

BTW I'm going to New Hampshire - Camp Kenwood and Evergreen!
and I live in Norwood!
Nil Interest Sharon!

Beitrag von jessica-melon » 04 Jun 2007 12:59

hey!

im in melbourne now and my interview is also at 130 tomorrow!

hahaha weird

all im taking is a photocopy of the receipt for visa thingy and my guaranteed placement letter coz i didnt print off the letter for where im actually placed... i think thats all im taking not sure what else i packed.

man this hotel computer sucks.

im going to camp davis in rhode island and i live in surrey downs.

probably see you tomorrow!

ps im jessica!

Beitrag von jessica-melon » 04 Jun 2007 13:00

when does your camp start?

Zurück zu Camp America