AIFS Forum

Das Forum rund um alle Programme von AIFS

Something from Aus to bring to Camp??

Für Camp America Teilnehmer und diejenigen, die es noch werden wollen!

Something from Aus to bring to Camp??

Beitrag von 13BT » 20 Mai 2007 10:13

I've been reading on other posts that they recommend you bring something from Australia to show the kids on camp?

Any suggestions?? A jar of vegemite isn't very original :?

Beitrag von kate84 » 20 Mai 2007 12:21

Hi

Apparently the kids like australian stickers and tattoos, i got some stickers from spotlight. Also I am going to take one of those blow up kangaroos and I have an Australian flag pillow case! I think they also like Australian coins so take some change!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Bild
[/url]

Beitrag von bree5988 » 20 Mai 2007 13:25

i got stickers from spotlight as well haha! and i also have some pencils with like aussie things on it!
i am taking some money, cause when i went to america a couple of years ago, everyone was fasinated with it cause its all different colours!

my camp also has asked us all to bring a flag and stuff.. so i got a cheap tshirt when i was at phillip island a few weeks ago!

Things to take to camp

Beitrag von Mandy - Melb office » 21 Mai 2007 02:21

A few more ideas

Aussie stamps and postcards- make up a small scrap book, Aussie t-shirts, clip on koalas, pin on Kangaroos, small boomerangs etc etc. Hit your local touristy souvenir shop or market and see what they've got - some of the little pins are quite cheap.

Check out the kids section of a book shop and see if there are any cute Aussie books for kids - even a colouring-in book from the toy department of Target/Big W etc.

Photos of friends and families.

Aussie animal finger or hand puppets

Aussie baseball caps

cheers,
mandy
Melbourne office

souveneir shops

Beitrag von blueoceaneyes » 21 Mai 2007 06:13

Yes hit the souveneir shops. In Brisbane city near where i work there's a really really cheap souveneir store. Small boommerang's for like $2 and things like that. I like the scrapbook idea.

Beitrag von mattyb » 21 Mai 2007 13:59

aussie flag beach towel...but thats for me...so i can represent :wink:

also takin a VB musical bottle opener that plays the "for a big cold beer" theme lol....thats for me too...:lol:

but yeah hit the souveneir shops!
Bild

Beitrag von drewvictor » 21 Mai 2007 17:09

Im bringing clothes with the Aussie flag emblazoned on it, that sorta stuff. I wanna get a pair of Aussie boardies, just to stand out wheneva we are doing water activities. If I can find a frisbee with Aussie stuff on it, that will come with me as well. Definately the flag, I can imagine travelling with a group of mates after camp and having me and Aussie friends running amok donning flags as capes. Badass.

As for pressies for the kids? Yeh those clip on koalas will be good.. Inflatable stuff I reckon they would love, nothing says fun like taking photos of American kids posing riding a giant inflatable kangaroo.

Scrap book idea is tops, even add in things like photos of AFL games, family round the BBQ, at the city on Australia day with your mates, all the culturally significant things. I wanna find some really obscure road signs really exclusive to Australia, all the animal crossing ones, that sorta thing.

Anything unique to this country you can show the kids to blow their minds.
"It's the kid inside of us that keeps us all from going crazy..."
-J.D., Scrubs

Beitrag von bree5988 » 22 Mai 2007 02:07

if you make a scrapbook.... pictures of you, or people in their school uniforms is a good one to add! they were so fascinated that that was what i had to wear everyday!

photos and things

Beitrag von Mandy - Melb office » 22 Mai 2007 04:21

Hey Guys,

Photos of anything they'll love - your street, car, garden, family, local park, school, BBQ etc etc

Postcards are also a great, cheap way to show them lots of different things we have here - like your pet kanga called Doris! Trust me they'll ask if you have one, so get started on your story now!

cheers,
mandy
Melb office

photos and things

Beitrag von Mandy - Melb office » 22 Mai 2007 05:25

Hey Guys,

Photos of anything they'll love - your street, car, garden, family, local park, school, BBQ etc etc

Postcards are also a great, cheap way to show them lots of different things we have here - like your pet kanga called Doris! Trust me they'll ask if you have one, so get started on your story now!

cheers,
mandy
Melb office

more things to take

Beitrag von Mandy - Melb office » 23 Mai 2007 04:09

me again - I was just in the post office and they have these cute little stamp packs depicting different Aussie things - eg Olympians, surf life savers, comedians etc etc. Reasonable price and probably a nice little thing to take.

Blow up beach balls
deflated Aussie Rules footballs

Later,
Mandy

Beitrag von Tessa » 25 Mai 2007 05:58

Ive bought some australian stickers, little 25cent flags that arent actually that small and some postcards :)
Been and done camp,
BEST EXPERIENCE EVER
I recommend summer camp to everyone!

AMAZING TIME AT IGC..loved every second

Beitrag von Joelb » 25 Mai 2007 09:17

I'm taking little Koala's, Aussie singlet, photo's of me at my BBQ hahah etc
Howyagoin?

Beitrag von Dumbass_surfer89 » 25 Mai 2007 17:38

reakon i could take like a wild kangaroo over? haha get a cage thingo.. everyone bar the kangaroo would love me :P.
but there pests arent they haha.
love
Matty . t...

yewwww never been overseas before canrt wait!.

Beitrag von Gail's » 28 Mai 2007 12:26

red dot, things and places like that have stickers and tattoos of auzzie flags and stuff like that so that couldbe a good place to look :)

Beitrag von Dan ghouly » 29 Mai 2007 07:46

ive got an Acubra (hat), some stickers, little aussie flags, some little koalas and roos, and foot ball..... so far!
Every action has a reaction, we have one planet and one chance.

-Rise Against

Beitrag von drewvictor » 29 Mai 2007 10:14

Damn!

I forgot the Akubra...
-J.D., Scrubs

Beitrag von ta.porter@hotmail.com » 29 Mai 2007 12:46

The two dollar shop is great! I got a whole lot of things there. I went crazy, also try The Warehouse, i haven't been there yet though, so i don't know what they have.

Beitrag von drewvictor » 29 Mai 2007 14:52

I cant wait to leave aye, the airport will be fun... Im gonna be draped in my massive green n gold boxing kangaroo flag, it will be awesome.
-J.D., Scrubs

Beitrag von Margeaux88 » 09 Jun 2007 12:07

I got this kick ass Boxing Kangaroo flag and I'm gonna get one of those blow up ones...it'll be ace!

A friend of the family told me to buy a small but large enough pin to wear and ultimately say I'm from australia, or else they hear the weird accent and think we're british....but if they know ur aussie they 'can't do enough for ya'.
Wicked!
Nil Interest Sharon!

Zurück zu Camp America