AIFS Forum

Das Forum rund um alle Programme von AIFS

camp 2008!

Für Camp America Teilnehmer und diejenigen, die es noch werden wollen!

Beitrag von svenja5989 » 21 Sep 2007 17:14

i know - you`re thinking of me all the time :D
oh - the interview. I was so excited and now I really feel pretty good.
it was totally relaxed and my english wasn`t as bad as i was thinking before :) now i just have to wait till i can follow the application ways and theeeen... waiting for a placement.
shay shay - what`s going on in your mind? AIFS or not?
greez

Beitrag von Ena24 » 22 Sep 2007 13:01

Hi Svenja,

I have an interview too !
At Thursday I have to go to my interviewer. I`m so nervous!!

You had yours, that`s pretty cool..now waiting..again :lol:

Beitrag von svenja5989 » 22 Sep 2007 15:36

yeah, you`re right.. waiting waiting.. :)
good luck and much fun at your interview - enjoy it :)

Beitrag von shayshay » 24 Sep 2007 02:02

Hey Svenja!

I've been so slack lately as to even finish my application ahahahah I STILL have to write my essay and haven't been able to cos I've been really busy during the weekends (consists mainly of alcohol :P) but I have to do that, also I have to get my mum to pay for the application fees as I don't have a credit card (which I should really get one soon!!!!)
AIFS or not.....mmmmmmmm yeah I pretty much made my decision with not. I like CCUSA and I think I'lll stick with em :)
What happened in your interview!!!!!!!

Beitrag von drewvictor » 24 Sep 2007 12:54

Shaylee,

Talk to me about credit cards. I have lotsa info on the best ones to get, ESPECIALLY for travelling overseas.

Andrew
"It's the kid inside of us that keeps us all from going crazy..."
-J.D., Scrubs

Beitrag von shayshay » 25 Sep 2007 01:52

any info on credit cards would be great :)
I do memba you telling me about a wizard credit card that was great with fees and stuff!!!!

Beitrag von Leon in Brisbane » 25 Sep 2007 04:38

If you are student you can get credit cards with no annual fees. I've had my Commonwealth Bank mastercard for about 4 years now. It has never once cost me a single cent. Always pay my bills on time and no annual fees. I also get award points which I use to get cash back. So far I've got about $220 back.

You need to be ultra responsible with them, but they can be great when used wisely!

So basically, its cost the CBA $220 to give me a credit card, and its done nothing but save me money :)

(spot the accountant)

Beitrag von shayshay » 25 Sep 2007 04:43

hahahahaah well I'm not a student I work full time altho I've just finished skool! Lets just say didn't want to study :P

Could you use your commonwealth credit card over seas?

Beitrag von Leon in Brisbane » 25 Sep 2007 06:58

Its a mastercard so yes Ibelieve I can, will need to look into fees etc before I go.

I'll look into the more detailed side of things next year. The finer details like that can be dealt with then.

I'm not a student either, but I have a wonderful piece of plastic card with my photo that says I am :)

Beitrag von shayshay » 25 Sep 2007 07:57

cheater!
I want one :(
hahaha can you get fake id's for studentS?!?!?!?!
i have a smartrider that says I go to school and doesn't say the yr or anything just doesn't have my photo.....

Beitrag von Leon in Brisbane » 25 Sep 2007 11:26

I was a student when they gave it to me, all legitimate n stuff. Then I switched to part time study.. but the card still said full time of course :) They put a 5 year expiry on the things.

I've just deferred uni for 18 months, just before I did I went and got myself a new student card thinking I was so smart and would get another 5 years of cheap train fares and movies, except I forgot I'm part time. So now I have a 5 year student card for part time, basically I get squat :(

My full time card that I "lost" is still valid till March. Then I have to become an adult again :(

Beitrag von drewvictor » 25 Sep 2007 12:47

Shaylee,

Yeah that Wizard one is fantastic, it doesnt have any annual fees, but what I loved about it was NO FEES FOR OVERSEAS USE! Yeah! I used my Virgin Mastercard and was slogged fees, but this one would be choice.

Google it.
-J.D., Scrubs

Beitrag von shayshay » 26 Sep 2007 01:33

@leon,
Hahahahahahha thats gotta suck! I'm not even a student and all my other friends are and my bestfriend is full time work but works with children so gets the health care card (lucky biatch!)
So kinda sux to not b a student cos man they get some awesome benefits!!!!

@Andrew,
I memba I googled it about a month ago and got all confused looking at the website hahahahahahaha doesn't help when I work at a bank and don't know diddly squat about credit cards!!!!! :P

Beitrag von Dan ghouly » 28 Sep 2007 00:27

I would love to go over agains if i had another coulple 1000 of bucks.

With the whole credit card thing, ok credit cards are evil, you will have nice bill sitting for you at home when you get back.

Get a master card debit card, you can use it at any bank of america atm( which are everywhere), and you only get charged like 2 bucks when you use it.

I mean if you dont already have money saved up, then you might have to get a credit card, but i really think avoid it if you can.
Every action has a reaction, we have one planet and one chance.

-Rise Against

Beitrag von drewvictor » 28 Sep 2007 17:15

Yeow,

Yeah, my credit card was just for emergencies. Point is, if you have a credit card that has no overseas fees (like this Wizard one Shaylee) then u can transfer ur money onto the card, and effectively use it as a debit card, seeing as u are using ur money, not the credit. And since there are no overseas fees, u get a safe way to use your money, with no fees.

I had an atm card that cost about $7 every time i got cash out, so it added up...
-J.D., Scrubs

Beitrag von shayshay » 02 Okt 2007 01:57

OMG Andrew it cost $7!! Holy moly thats rather expensive and I thought that the charges here were bad!

Guessing I'm guna have to sort my stuff out with this whole money thing lol

Beitrag von drewvictor » 02 Okt 2007 10:57

It wasnt too much of a problem, coz i would get out a few hundred bucks at a time. I didnt feel unsafe walking around with a buttload of cash in my pocket, coz i was always in groups, and my wallet was either always on my, or always locked away in my bag or a locker of some kind. So it wasnt so much of a problem.

Look at getting both forms- something you can get cash out with, and something for over the counter EFTPOS style use. THere are lots of places that only do cash, so having an ATM card is a bonus, whether its the Travelex Cash Passport (what I had), or your own card from home (look at overseas use fees, currency conversion fees) but the debit/credit/EFTPOS card is good where you can save money on ATM fees. Coz they sting. Again, read the fine print regarding fees.
-J.D., Scrubs

Beitrag von Tessa » 02 Okt 2007 16:27

Hey guys im glad your all excited and planning now,
I applied the day that you were allowed to apply and organised everything so quickly as i was so excited. Camp is the best summer ive ever had in my whole entire life, its so thrilling you make the best friends EVER, but it goes way to quickly!!!!!! SO take tons of photos and remember every moment because theres nothing like it.
Been and done camp,
BEST EXPERIENCE EVER
I recommend summer camp to everyone!

AMAZING TIME AT IGC..loved every second

Beitrag von nicky83 » 03 Okt 2007 10:08

Tessa, everything you said is soooo true! Guys you wont regret it! I love my camp, there is something special about camp that you just dont get in normal day to day life. I annoy my friends about telling "camp stories" and a whole bunch of songs remind me of camp so when a song comes on im like ohhh this reminds me of camp!
I was there 4 years ago and went back this year, and to see some of the kids who were my campers all grown up into now volunteers was amazing. You can be yourself at camp and no one judges you! I love it, you get to be as silly as you want dress up in crazy clothes sing songs that really dont make much sence, be VERY loud at meal times...Did anyone else evr do "flies" at meal times? not sure if it was just a Crosley thing or if its a general camp thing!
But see Im rambling about camp and no one understands exactly what its like until they have experienced it!

LOVE IT!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Bild
[/url]

Cant wait till i go back to Camp!!
the best time of my life!

Beitrag von melody » 05 Okt 2007 05:20

I have my interview tomorrow! I'm nervous, but excited too!

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Camp America