AIFS Forum

Das Forum rund um alle Programme von AIFS

camp 2008!

Für Camp America Teilnehmer und diejenigen, die es noch werden wollen!

Beitrag von Ena24 » 08 Okt 2007 13:53

I had my interview last week and it was really good. I was very nervous but the interviewers are so nice..
So now it is time to wait and wait and wait..good luck to everyone of you!I hope we all get placed.. :lol:

Beitrag von Erin_ » 18 Okt 2007 05:48

Can't wait for camp....only 231 days, 11 minutes and 5 seconds!!!!
so excited!

Beitrag von Leon in Brisbane » 18 Okt 2007 07:19

Yup waiting waiting.

Anyone know how long it is from when you answer the additional questions after you have your interview, and.. well.. whatever happens next.. happens?

Re: camp 2008!

Beitrag von shayshay » 07 Nov 2007 00:40

anyone heard anything back from CA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Beitrag von Leon in Brisbane » 07 Nov 2007 04:54

Nope, not yet :(

Beitrag von shayshay » 07 Nov 2007 04:58

have you had ur interview leon?

Beitrag von drewvictor » 07 Nov 2007 06:14

Guys,

If you already have had your interview, you are now in probably the most painful stage: the waiting stage. Yeah, it sucks, coz you arent sure if everything is going well, where your application is, and how long its gonna take..

I know, coz I was the same last year..

After you have had the interview, finished up with your revised application, finished with the added questions, and submitted it, it goes over to the Sydney Office, they review it, then pass it off into the big American network.. Think of your application being like a Myspace page: the US Camp Directors can look at it, see all your pictures, see your skills and what you have written, and if they like it, you get a job. Thing is, there are thousands of camps in America, thus there will be a fair few directors looking at your application. Thats why it takes time. Your application gets circulated around and around until you get picked up by the camp best suited to your skills. So thats why it could take weeks, even months.

Dont stress! From here on in, there is little contact between you and Camp America, unless there is a problem. Keep an eye on your login page, to see if anything has changed (from Guranteed Placement, to You Have Been Placed, etc). Best Christmas present is finding out that you are going!

Dont freak out while you are waiting. Use this down time to start shopping around for flight prices, look at bags you mite wanna take, think of what you might like to do after camp. Dont buy anything just yet til you have more details, definate details, but it shouldnt stop you at least looking.

And, if you are still freakin out, do what I did before I left for camp: annoy the hell outta ppl on the forum!

All the best,

Andrew
"It's the kid inside of us that keeps us all from going crazy..."
-J.D., Scrubs

Beitrag von shayshay » 07 Nov 2007 06:18

You're so nice andrew lol

Beitrag von Leon in Brisbane » 07 Nov 2007 07:17

Yeah I have had my interview (about 6 weeks ago) and completed the additional questions etc.

Andrew: I would have thought there would have been some sort of message saying "your application is now being circulated to the camps"? Also, I thought we had to pay a second installment before our application would be circulated? I haven't had any prompts for either yet. As far as I know my application is complete, because, well it says so :)

Meh...

Will continue to wait.

Beitrag von shayshay » 07 Nov 2007 07:30

the waitings gota be the worst part of it all!!!!!

heheh havent even had my interview you early birds!

Beitrag von drewvictor » 07 Nov 2007 07:55

Leon,

Im not sure what the structure of your online page is now, seeing as its changed since I applied, but at the bottom somewhere, it should say the status of your application.

One things Ive realised, is that there might be a bit of a delay with it. See, when you submit your application, it doesnt automatically change it on there. Your application then has to be re-looked at by Sydney people, and once thats done, they change the status on your page. Thats why it seems to take longer. I was freakin out myself last time coz it said I was still missing items, even when it was all there. Just coz of that delay. Bear in mind this is peak season for Camp America; there are hundreds and hundreds of applications flying in from all over the country.

As for the payment, the 2nd is when your application hits the states. Dont worry til you have to pay it, it will prompt you soon enough!

Shay- Hows work going?

Andrew
-J.D., Scrubs

Beitrag von shayshay » 07 Nov 2007 08:00

Hi Andrew,

how'd ya know I was at work lol
Yeah work is boring......I'm playing simulation games on the net cos there fun but I can't get past one part so it's onto the next one lol I think I've played the whole lot!!!!

Yesterday I made this huge tempature gauge cos we have to reach our target of 308 formal approvals by the end of the month!!!!
BAHAHA not guna happen =P
but it looks snazy =)

hows home andrew?

Beitrag von drewvictor » 07 Nov 2007 08:17

Home is good.. I mean, its normal, and stable. I dont wake up in a different place each morning like I did when we were on the road, its really good. Calm..

Ive started plannin my trip back tho... Should really pay off the credit card first tho :S

You must be savin a buttload of cash?
-J.D., Scrubs

Beitrag von shayshay » 07 Nov 2007 08:22

hahaha not really.......I've only put away maybe 200-300 this last month which is really bad Im just paying off some stuff and once everything is done then I'll start saving but like xmas is coming up =( and birthdays =( and I go out....it's just shocking how much I spend!!!!

dang it!

Beitrag von drewvictor » 07 Nov 2007 09:39

Well you have a head start, im $2000 behind you...

*sigh*
-J.D., Scrubs

Beitrag von shayshay » 08 Nov 2007 00:39

yeah but is that what you came back with or have you already started saving!
cos if you've already started saving you didn't get bak too long ago plz i've been trying to save since august!

oh btw when did you get back from CA?!?!?!
I'm trying to figure out how much extra health insurance I want.....(with CCUSA I have to pay more)

Beitrag von drewvictor » 08 Nov 2007 03:09

Back from CA? As in back from America? Camp finished 17th August, got home after travelling 22nd September..

You know we should really ban you from this forum being an evil CCUSAer...

:P
-J.D., Scrubs

Beitrag von shayshay » 08 Nov 2007 03:14

thats cool then so you were there for pretty much 4 months and a bit!

I'm just figuring out how much more I want to pay for health insurance.......

heheheheh i cant help by being competition lol =P
Im scabn as much info as I possibly can lol

I've already printed out a whole lot of conversations and stuff!
I'm weird =P

Beitrag von Leon in Brisbane » 08 Nov 2007 05:00

Ah the girls at CA are fantastic ...

Just got a call from Sarah then, because she had seen this thread, she let me know exactly how my application is going so all is good and balance in the universe has been restored :lol:

Beitrag von shayshay » 08 Nov 2007 05:10

hahaha leon thats good!!!!
well atleast u know that they read it and want to help with problems!!!

my dad just helped me re-write my whole application to make it sound "flowy" as he calls it lol

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Camp America