AIFS Forum

Das Forum rund um alle Programme von AIFS

References

Für Camp America Teilnehmer und diejenigen, die es noch werden wollen!

References

Beitrag von melody » 19 Sep 2007 08:19

Hey :D
Just wondering if people have completed their references yet? I know it's still early, but I apparently have an interview at the start of October, and I just want to be organised.
The open character reference form is all fine, but what about the additional written reference? Who should be doing that?? Is it pretty much an old teacher or employer saying how wonderful you are and what you can do? :wink:
Any help will be great!!
Cheers
Jess
20. S.A

Beitrag von nicky83 » 19 Sep 2007 09:49

Melody,
If I were you get all the references and stuff out of the way now if you can. And yeah the references are from previous work saying how great and wonderful you are.
Nicky
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Bild
[/url]

Cant wait till i go back to Camp!!
the best time of my life!

Beitrag von melody » 20 Sep 2007 08:51

I wasn't really serious about the whole being wonderful thing....
I guess if I were writing a reference for someone it would include what skills they have, what kind of person they are- eg. honest, trustworthy etc, what kind of worker they are...how they would get on working with children..
Is this the kind of stuff people are getting written about them?
I just want to know I'm getting everything done correctly!?

Jess-Melody

Beitrag von nicky83 » 20 Sep 2007 09:14

I think if your reference is from a work where you have been around kids then yeah write about kids, but They are a general reference I think cos its not just working with kids you will be doing. Its team work and that is a big thing as well. You will be working with people from around teh world living VERY CLOSELY to them and seeing them 24/7, So if you get along with peoploe and thats stated then good. and also your skills etc. so if youve been in customer service at the local supermarket (which was me my first year) then just being reliable and a good worker etc is what they want to see aswell.
But yeah I think youre on the right track, and really youre not going to choose someone to right a reference if theyre goimng to write soemthing bad ind if they do write something bad then youre gonna find soemone else to write soemthing good about you anyway!! and hopefully not put the bad reference in!! hehe
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Bild
[/url]

Cant wait till i go back to Camp!!
the best time of my life!

Beitrag von Tessa » 02 Okt 2007 16:36

My health teacher wrote me a reference.
Been and done camp,
BEST EXPERIENCE EVER
I recommend summer camp to everyone!

AMAZING TIME AT IGC..loved every second

Zurück zu Camp America