AIFS Forum

Das Forum rund um alle Programme von AIFS

After Camp Travel

Für Camp America Teilnehmer und diejenigen, die es noch werden wollen!

After Camp Travel

Beitrag von fetus » 25 Sep 2007 13:32

hey im planning on going over in 2008 and i was wondering what everyone did after the camps... Did you pre-organizes travel ie track America?? or did you just go with the flow and catch up with other leaders and just see wat happens??? Would be good to here wat everyone thinks.... thanks tim

Beitrag von nicky83 » 25 Sep 2007 13:51

Hey,
I found that alot of people end up going with the flow. I did this time and well ended up coming home straight after camp I was going to travel for a couple of weeks...my choice though cos i had done all my travelling before camp so i was ready to come home. But a couple did trek america tours but gave themselves a couple of weeks of travel to go with the flow after camp before they did go on their trek tour. But that would be my advice, go with the flow and if you really wanna do a trek tour then book it a couple of weeks after your camp finishes. You might find that doing a road trip with a few americans or internationals ends up being cheaper though. but its up to you. I find alot do go with teh flow cos there is soo much to do after camp.
Nicky
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Bild
[/url]

Cant wait till i go back to Camp!!
the best time of my life!

Beitrag von drewvictor » 25 Sep 2007 15:52

Ohohoho... Road Trip...

Last week of camp me and 3 other guys from camp, 2 Aussies and a Welshman, bought a car. $400 it cost, and needed a grand of work. Ron from Sydney who is an artist painted the Transformers logo on the front, and this was to be our Chariot of Excitement and Adventure for a month.

We road tripped from Maine-Boston-NYC-Washington DC, then straight across the country, driving through Viriginia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oaklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and then California, stopping to see the interesting stuff along the way. It was fantastic, we had the freedom to go where we want, and do what we wanted. If we wanted a week in NYC, we had a week. If we wanted to only spend the one night at the Grand Canyon, so be it.

But we didnt make any plans til late in camp. I came to America not knowing what I would do, only knowing I wanted to travel a bit, and that my flight was booked home more than a month after camp finished.

So there.
"It's the kid inside of us that keeps us all from going crazy..."
-J.D., Scrubs

Beitrag von Dan ghouly » 25 Sep 2007 23:10

I planned to juust play it by ear, like the last week of me and some other guys organised to go to Atlanta for a weel and then after that, i travelled by myself, I have freinds in Phoenix and i am using that as my base(leaving my guitar and big luggage bag there), Atm i am in San Fran just travelling with a backpack. i have been flying everywhere, If you do plan to fly be aware costs can build up quickly make sure you save those flight miles when yoou fly! they save you heaps of money.
Every action has a reaction, we have one planet and one chance.

-Rise Against

Beitrag von Tessa » 02 Okt 2007 16:31

I decided to see a bit more of the world,
I went to england and paris and stayed with family along the way.
But many people just went around in groups to LA, vegas, miami, NY etc..
Been and done camp,
BEST EXPERIENCE EVER
I recommend summer camp to everyone!

AMAZING TIME AT IGC..loved every second

Re: After Camp Travel

Beitrag von bec_c6 » 21 Okt 2007 12:37

hey everyone,
i was just wondering if anyone did any travel before camp?
im interested in attending the coachella festival in 08... although thats often late april or early may, but could be quite possible if you were starting in early may?

Beitrag von Leon in Brisbane » 21 Okt 2007 23:14

Did anyone else turn it into a big, huge, massive, once in a lifetime trip? Personally I'm planning to have a 2 year working holiday visa lined up for Canada that I will go to after my Visa expires for the US. Will work and travel my way around Canada until I get bored or my time is up, then hopefully head to the UK for more work and play. Eventually finding my way back to Australia at some point in the future

Beitrag von drewvictor » 22 Okt 2007 09:46

Leon,

Can I come? Massive round the world trip sounds awesome. I wanna head to Europe in a few years for some backpacking love...

Yay
"It's the kid inside of us that keeps us all from going crazy..."
-J.D., Scrubs

Beitrag von shayshay » 26 Okt 2007 05:40

I know I want to go to Europe after travelling in America so I don't want to come back home until a good october november.........

Beitrag von sam25 » 14 Jan 2008 11:32

im gonna try book a trek america tour so i can go to places that i might not know about if i do it independantly. but do some travel on my own as well.

Beitrag von shayshay » 15 Jan 2008 00:28

I've decided that I'm doing a Contiki around Europe =)
I'm going to book it in the next couple of days! I'm fully excited I want to do America with people but Europe by myself! Yay =)

Beitrag von Soo » 16 Jan 2008 17:32

My plans are to travel in the US, *fingers crossed* make it to atleast one Warped tour.
Catch up with my bff who will be at uni in phillie.
Head to canada for a while, then from there to europe. Probably do a contiki tour there.
Then head to Phuket, Thailand in November/beginning of December.

Beitrag von shayshay » 17 Jan 2008 00:28

Hey your in Perth aswell!!!!
Yeah I'm doing that aswell cept for the fact that I don't have much money saved up and I'm poor and going to London then contiki around Europe where the $AUS is pretty much half of theres is crap!
So say if I take 4000 I'm only really taking 2000.
I've been the biggest freak with the currency and exchange rate and stuff like that!

Beitrag von Soo » 18 Jan 2008 16:06

not exactly from perth but i did live there for a year and a half.
i moved back down south so i can live at home and save a bit better.
i havent started stressing about money too much yet.
i have started getting serious about saving though ie. i kept a second job so that i can have some "spending now" money. haha.

Beitrag von shayshay » 21 Jan 2008 00:27

I got a second job aswell!!!!!
All of that pay is going into savings and half of my pay now is going into savings!
I'm so poor it aint funny so if I really want to travel I've got to give up some things here!

Beitrag von Leon in Brisbane » 21 Jan 2008 04:27

I just sold my 4x4 yesterday for $6000! So stoked, now I just gotta survive with just my motorbike until I sell that just befor I leave. Also trying to save $200/week.

I've been keeping an eye out for a weekend job, but I already work full time so I'm only looking for certain weekend things, nothign I've found so far unless I work graveyard at the local servo.

Beitrag von shayshay » 21 Jan 2008 04:33

OMG YOU SOLD YOUR CAR!
If I sold mine it wouldnt be worth it as it'd prob only get a grand lol

I get pretty good money with my 2nd job (which I start at the bon jovi concert oh yeah!) but with the stup!d taxes i only get half of what I'm suppose to get!

BRING ON END OF FINANCIAL YEAR WITH GETTING ALL TAX BACK =)

Beitrag von Leon in Brisbane » 21 Jan 2008 12:09

Will be selling my motorbike too, thats another $6000 hopefully. Remember I'm going travelling for hopefully 1-3 years so no point keeping all this stuff at home!

Beitrag von shayshay » 22 Jan 2008 00:24

hahaha well thats true!
wow 1-3 yrs travelling! how come?!?!?!?!

Beitrag von melody » 22 Jan 2008 02:02

Tax totally sux! I get paid fortnightly as I work for government, and i get $266 taken out for tax.... :cry: I still don't know how much money i plan to take over with me, I'm trying to put away about $400-500 a week..I'm a good saver :) Government pay is goooood

Nächste

Zurück zu Camp America