AIFS Forum

Das Forum rund um alle Programme von AIFS

Where abouts are the camps located?

Für Camp America Teilnehmer und diejenigen, die es noch werden wollen!

Where abouts are the camps located?

Beitrag von Simon86 » 06 Okt 2007 06:00

Hey guys just thought I would check out what this Camp America is all about. Just a quick questions if neone has answers. Where bouts in America are the camps located? Also how soon do ya find out which camp you are going to be allocated?

Beitrag von melody » 06 Okt 2007 08:55

Hey, i had my interview today and asked those questions luckily!
I was told most of the camps are on the East coast, coz its the more built up areas- so more people are around there. So NY, maine, pennsylvania, New Jersey etc. Then there are some scattered over california, and some in texas, indiana and even alaska! ! :)
I think it depends on your skills and where you can get a placement. Once you've finished all your applciation and interview your report and applciation will be circled around the camps. The quicker you can get your application in, the quicker you'll probably find out? I was told I could be informed by x mas if im going to get a placement.

Beitrag von Simon86 » 06 Okt 2007 09:16

ohh cool thanks heaps! so wat got u interested in CA? im just wanitng to do something different but with some meaning. where in aus are ya from? thats if ur from aus!!!

Beitrag von nicky83 » 07 Okt 2007 02:24

My camp was in Northern indiana! Most seem to be on a lake or waterfront of some sort too, but also away from town etc. My camp was about 5 mins away from the town North Webster, but it was a really small town, however a 15minute drive and you hit a wal-mart! Wal-mart if you dont know is a combination of coles, bigW, Kamart and everything you can think of, there is even a chemist in there!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Bild
[/url]

Cant wait till i go back to Camp!!
the best time of my life!

Beitrag von Simon86 » 07 Okt 2007 02:47

Ohh cool.. I think before I go over I needa have a look at a map of the US cuz i got no idea where half these places are!!! well thanks heaps Nicky, u goin again this year?

Beitrag von nicky83 » 07 Okt 2007 08:21

Ohh yeah im definately going again next year. cant wait to see the best people and soem of my closest friends from camp again...not to mention a bunch of campers i had cant wait to see them aagin either. yeah have a look at a map of the us, however youll look at it and end up at soem place youve never heard of! and have to fly into some random regional airport too. Its funny cos they seem to have a million differendt airports and regionbal tiny one too, dont realy find thta here!!
Bild
[/url]

Beitrag von melody » 08 Okt 2007 02:49

Hey simon. I used to be the same. i didnt know where anything was in the USA, Probably just NY and California, chicago and texas. Only coz theyre sorta north, south, east, west. i had no idea where all the other states were. i still dont have a clue with some of them!
I became interested in CA a few years ago, and i got thru the application process, but i thought it probably wasnt the best time to go. i had only just turned 18, so if I get in for 2008, I'll atleast be 21, have better funds and be more organised with everything. Hopefully everything turns out nicely :)
Anyways im from Adelaide.

Beitrag von Simon86 » 08 Okt 2007 04:14

Yeh well i only found out about CA on saturday when i looked in the Advertiser! Yep another Radelaidian here aswell! i thought maybe i might been the only crow eater but obviously im not! where in adelaide are ya??/ im a tea tree gully boy.
u gonna go to the info night on the 17th?

Beitrag von Tessa » 08 Okt 2007 10:45

My camp was in Pennsylvania, theres hundreds of camps all over the country you get a country map in your little booklet thing when you know what camp your going to. I applied in september 2006 and didnt know what camp i was going to till Febuary
Been and done camp,
BEST EXPERIENCE EVER
I recommend summer camp to everyone!

AMAZING TIME AT IGC..loved every second

Beitrag von nicky83 » 08 Okt 2007 10:49

hey Tessa, do you think youll go back to camp next year? are you pretty much the same as me and annoy your friends with "random stories" about camp? just hoping Im not the only one out there that is completely obsessed with camp!!
Bild
[/url]

Beitrag von melody » 08 Okt 2007 12:52

Nicky, I'm sure you're pretty normal! :D I'd be exactly the same if I go!

Beitrag von Boojol » 09 Okt 2007 05:12

Hey guys they definatly have camps all over I went to a camp in Kentucky this year. I sort of depends on your application on how long it takes to find out if or where you are placed, I applyed in Sep '06 and didn't find out til Late jan '07 and I know of some that only found out like a few weeks before their camp started.

Beitrag von drewvictor » 10 Okt 2007 06:15

Heeey!

Guys get used to Google Maps, or Google Earth, its invaluable. Its quick and easy to find anywhere in America (or the world) and you can zoom right in, change to satellite view, and have a look at ur camp before you leave the country.

My camp was in Maine, by the coast. We had a big lake, and were a 10 min walk to the ocean.
"It's the kid inside of us that keeps us all from going crazy..."
-J.D., Scrubs

Beitrag von Tessa » 13 Okt 2007 07:06

nicky83 hat geschrieben:hey Tessa, do you think youll go back to camp next year? are you pretty much the same as me and annoy your friends with "random stories" about camp? just hoping Im not the only one out there that is completely obsessed with camp!!

ahaha yes, all my friends hear now is
"when i was at camp"
"oh yeah that was like at camp"

Im just looking if i can go back next year, id love to!!!! Just dunno yet.
Been and done camp,
BEST EXPERIENCE EVER
I recommend summer camp to everyone!

AMAZING TIME AT IGC..loved every second

Beitrag von Hanna84 » 14 Okt 2007 15:01

My camp was in California about two hours away from San Francisco. It was on a lakeside in the middle of nowhere. The next town was about an hour by bike or 20 minutes by car.

And I am the talking about camp all the time too. Cant wait to go back next summer. Its still 8 more months.

Zurück zu Camp America